What can happen in 5 years? Well, a lot.
By the numbers, since kicking off this blog (officially) in 2013:
- 193 blog posts
- 146 outfit photo shoots
- 13 fashion shows
- 4 giveaways (I love gifting people!)
- 2 “shop local” Indy-area holiday gift guides
- 1 proposal, 1 European honeymoon and many weddings (one of them being my own)
- Highlights from trips to Anaheim, St. Louis, Red River Gorge and Washington D.C.
- 9 store and restaurant openings: Several at/near the Fashion Mall (DryBar, Kate Spade, Kendra Scott, Vineyard Vines and J. Crew Mercantile), Donut Refinery, Broken English Taco Pub, Nine Lives Cat Cafe, and a sneak preview of the Fishers IKEA
- Highlights from countless* local businesses. (*Yes, I could count them, but I’m too lazy. There’s a LOT.)
It’s true, IndyDressed has officially hit the big five, and there’s nothing better than to go through old blog posts and reminisce about how the Indy fashion and lifestyle scene — and my photography skills — have grown since 2013. (Thank goodness we all finally realized that first-generation Instagram filters like Valencia didn’t actually make our photos look better, lol!) Remember when Pattern hosted its Shop Box (a boutique inside a shipping container), or when I covered the inaugural Pattern Street Expo in 2016? Or when local designer Barbara Riordan of Pariah5K hosted her own fashion-filled version of Election Day? Or when the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck visited Indy last year? Or when I took you on a behind-the-scenes look at how fine jewelry is made at Petite G Jewelers?
In five years, I’ve met Nick Verreos of Project Runway, modeled for CruZionsville twice, showed off boho fashion trends on live TV on IndyStyle, dressed to the nines in all white 3 years in a row for Yelp’s version of Diner en Blanc, and collaborated with a bunch of amazing local businesses like Hoosier Proud and nonprofits like the Gifted Gown. It’s been a crazy adventure, and it seems only appropriate to end this post — and kick off another year of adventures — with a throwback to the photo I used in my very first blog post from what seems like a very, very long time ago. (And yes, as expected, it has an old Instagram filter on it. Because why not?)